Kiln cars are particularly suitable for heavy loads and / or very high temperature firing.
In cars tunnel kilns, products are put – manually or automatically – on kiln cars. Kiln cars pass through the kiln, then under unloading / loading stations, and go back to kiln entrance thanks to a car handling system.
Kiln cars are the 4th moving wall of the kiln and ensure three essential functions:
- Thermal insulation of the kiln (4th wall)
- Product support
- Transport of products through the kiln
From a basic point of view, the kiln cars must suffer strong technical constraints:
- It must be thermally insulating while ensuring important mechanical resistance to support products.
- It must be robust to suffer several thermal cycles and heavy loads while keeping perfect flatness. This flatness guarantees the stability of the products and enable the loading/unloading by a robot, if necessary.
- It must be mobile while ensuring the thermal sealing between 2 kiln cars and with
Depending on plant organization, on loading/unloading system, kiln cars are moved by a car
handling system including:
- A pushing machine to push kiln cars train through the kiln
- Entrance/Exit transfer car to move cars from the kiln track to return track
- A return track including
- Loading/unloading system
- Wagon rotation systems, if needed
- A cooling tunnel
- A pre-heating tunnel
- Dedusting or car cleaning station
- Maintenance area: pit
- Excellent thermal homogeneity in kiln section,
- Innovative kiln car design for both steelwork structure and lining, to ensure lifetime,
even for heavy duty (up to 20 tons),
- Simple and robust cars handling system,
- Refractory insulation suitable for operating temperatures up to 1550°C and different atmospheres (material choice and design).
|Length||Up to 200m|
|Width||Up to 10m|
|Wagon load capacity||To be determined according to needs – up to 20 tons|
|Energy||Gas, biogas, solid fuel (sawdust), electricity|
|Maximum temperature||Up to 1550°C|
|Firing cycle||As required – up to 24 hours|
|Atmosphere control||Oxidizing, reducing,|
|Applications||Clay rooftiles and bricks, refractory bricks, gazette firing, chemistry, calcination, aluminous products|